I had to chuckle when I saw them all lined up on the bed, all into their gadgets. Piper is busy texting her BFF and Milo just can't get enough of the drama.
It's a guy thing, I guess. These three spent the morning building tracks around the house. Well, two of them anyway. Milo wasn't much help. He was busy practicing holding his head up to get rid of his torticollis.
We spent most of yesterday tearing apart one of the upstairs bedrooms. Well, Chet did most of it; I mainly supervised and annoyed him, adding more projects to his list. Although I did help with some mudding.
He's done with school, with the exception of one more half day next week, so I've put him to work remodeling the upstairs of this lovely little house on the corner. When we first moved in, oh, about 5 years and 4 months ago, we focused on remodeling the main floor and didn't pay any attention to the upstairs.
Chet ripped off some old paneling yesterday in the smaller room and found some surprises. First, no insulation. Just 1920's era wood slats covered by 1970's paneling. Underneath the second panel, he found a t-shirt stuffed into the wood slats. Surprise! A free t-shirt! I was hoping it would have read, "I remodeled this house and all I got was a lousy t-shirt." Underneath the third panel, another surprise. Plaster! Oh, goody! Everybody loves removing plaster!
I'll have to post some pictures. They're sure to entertain.



Comments
Post a Comment