We, as in my friends and I, had a lovely getaway at the Westin this weekend. We stayed up way too late and ate way too much food and spent way too much money but isn't that what makes it so fun? And another good thing; the kids and Chet survived without me. Like when I came home, the house was clean and the kids were still alive and clothed and Milo was smiling. Giggling, actually.
I'm so glad I left him behind.
Chet relayed to me a conversation he heard between Avery and Tucker while driving them home from Big Lake.
"Tucker, do you like Lincoln?" Avery asked.
"Yeah."
"But now you have trains so you don't have to go to his house."
"Yeah." he said. "But he has Mike!"
Ooh! Mike!
I spent most of this morning wondering what to do with a yard of lace I ordered from fabric.com. The picture showed it to be black fabric with white lace on top, but it came as just plain ivory lace. I first turned it into a t-shirt for myself but wasn't pleased with how boxy it made me look. It's wearable but I'm not completely satisfied. I ripped apart an old cardigan and used it as a pattern to turn this drab boxy lace t-shirt into a lace cardigan. I worked all morning until I ran out of fabric.
Now I'm waiting another yard to come in the mail. With the leftovers, I'll make the girls some shirts so we can all be matching. Avery's dream come true.
It's going to be a busy week with wedding preparations. The entire family is coming to town and I can't hardly wait to see everyone.
And Chet just left to go buy a canoe. A canoe. Help us all.
I'm so glad I left him behind.
Chet relayed to me a conversation he heard between Avery and Tucker while driving them home from Big Lake.
"Tucker, do you like Lincoln?" Avery asked.
"Yeah."
"But now you have trains so you don't have to go to his house."
"Yeah." he said. "But he has Mike!"
Ooh! Mike!
I spent most of this morning wondering what to do with a yard of lace I ordered from fabric.com. The picture showed it to be black fabric with white lace on top, but it came as just plain ivory lace. I first turned it into a t-shirt for myself but wasn't pleased with how boxy it made me look. It's wearable but I'm not completely satisfied. I ripped apart an old cardigan and used it as a pattern to turn this drab boxy lace t-shirt into a lace cardigan. I worked all morning until I ran out of fabric.
Now I'm waiting another yard to come in the mail. With the leftovers, I'll make the girls some shirts so we can all be matching. Avery's dream come true.
It's going to be a busy week with wedding preparations. The entire family is coming to town and I can't hardly wait to see everyone.
And Chet just left to go buy a canoe. A canoe. Help us all.
Feel free to come over to play with Mike anytime :)
ReplyDelete