Yesterday was a whopping 79 degrees, in mid-March mind you, and we spent the morning at the park. I love the grand quality of my phone camera. It's a whopping 3.2 megapixels.
I don't remember what the rest were wearing, but my kids were dressed in long sleeves and pants. I guess I didn't quite realize how warm it was going to get. Tucker refused to take off his hoodie, though, and cruised around with his hood on and his hands stuffed into his pockets.
Piper had been up the night before, screaming, but did pretty well at the park until just before we left. She screamed the whole way home and for most of the afternoon. I left to work at 2:30pm and she was still crying.
Chet texted me while I was working and said, guess what, she was still bawling. A co-worker asked me when the last time she pooped was. I couldn't remember exactly but thought it was recently.
Over supper break, Chet and I discussed her poop. When the last time she went was. What it looked like. How it was different than her usual poop. Such an enlightening conversation while I wolfed down Jimmy John's. I'm glad no one else was in the break room. We came to the stunning conclusion that she hadn't pooped in quite some time.
I texted my nurse friend, Heidi, who works with kids (I work with old people so I'm pretty much useless when it comes to nursing advice on kids) and she recommended using an infant supp.
I won't go into any further detail as not to embarrass Piper who may read this when she's 14.
Let's just say it was effective. And the screaming stopped. Bingo!
She's now back to her usual, naughty self.

Comments
Post a Comment