"Mom?" Avery asked as I was sweeping up chocolate cake crumbs.
"What?"
"Do you know Eddie?"
"Who's Eddie?" I asked.
"You know." she said. "He is married to Vanessa."
"Oh, that Eddie. Yeah, I know him."
"How come you know him?" she wondered.
"Um. I went to Sunday School with him." I said.
"Oh." she said, then paused. "Well, how come you didn't marry him?"
"Because I married Dad."
"But did Eddie want to marry you too?" she asked.
"No, just Dad and he only did because he felt sorry for me."
"But if he wanted to marry you, would you say yes to him?" she wondered.
"No, because I'm married to Dad." I said.
"Oh."
Gee whiz.
Tucker turns three tomorrow and we had a little birthday party today with his bess fwend Braden. I took some terrible pictures with my terrible camera that won't allow me to change any settings because the screen is broken and the battery door keeps popping open, turning my camera off mid shot and I want to throw it out the window but can't afford a new camera, much less a new window.
Anyway, I believe I was talking about Tucker's birthday. He, like any three year old boy, is obsessed with trains. Obsessed is probably putting it lightly. After scouring the toy aisles at Target and Walmart and turning my nose up at the outrageous prices on Thomas trains, I flipped open my laptop and discovered the world of eBay.
My first auction I bid on, I was outbid by $1. For 125 pieces of track and 30 diecast trains. $1 more and it could have been mine for a fraction of retail value.
But after a few more days of bidding, I will soon be the new owner of another huge set of tracks, Tidmouth sheds, ten diecast trains and a Thomas game for the Leapster (that I scored at Goodwill for $2.49) all for a measly $32.00. The downside is that Tucker now has to wait a few more days for his present. But he really doesn't know the difference.
Avery's back for more pressing questions on relationships so I best go answer them.
"What?"
"Do you know Eddie?"
"Who's Eddie?" I asked.
"You know." she said. "He is married to Vanessa."
"Oh, that Eddie. Yeah, I know him."
"How come you know him?" she wondered.
"Um. I went to Sunday School with him." I said.
"Oh." she said, then paused. "Well, how come you didn't marry him?"
"Because I married Dad."
"But did Eddie want to marry you too?" she asked.
"No, just Dad and he only did because he felt sorry for me."
"But if he wanted to marry you, would you say yes to him?" she wondered.
"No, because I'm married to Dad." I said.
"Oh."
Gee whiz.
Tucker turns three tomorrow and we had a little birthday party today with his bess fwend Braden. I took some terrible pictures with my terrible camera that won't allow me to change any settings because the screen is broken and the battery door keeps popping open, turning my camera off mid shot and I want to throw it out the window but can't afford a new camera, much less a new window.
Anyway, I believe I was talking about Tucker's birthday. He, like any three year old boy, is obsessed with trains. Obsessed is probably putting it lightly. After scouring the toy aisles at Target and Walmart and turning my nose up at the outrageous prices on Thomas trains, I flipped open my laptop and discovered the world of eBay.
My first auction I bid on, I was outbid by $1. For 125 pieces of track and 30 diecast trains. $1 more and it could have been mine for a fraction of retail value.
But after a few more days of bidding, I will soon be the new owner of another huge set of tracks, Tidmouth sheds, ten diecast trains and a Thomas game for the Leapster (that I scored at Goodwill for $2.49) all for a measly $32.00. The downside is that Tucker now has to wait a few more days for his present. But he really doesn't know the difference.
Avery's back for more pressing questions on relationships so I best go answer them.
Comments
Post a Comment